Life can suck for some people.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

landshark

HMFIC
Reaction score
Just found out my neighbor lost his job, again. This was his 4th job in 2 years and he'd only been there 2 months. His boss called him on his way home and said they didn't have enough work for him. I'd put money on saying this will be the straw that his wife will leave him or he'll drink himself to death, probably both. He was laid off for most of the winter and spring and their marriage got pretty rocky. Then got this job and things started to turn around for him, and now this.

Life can be a *****, then you die.:(

Remind me to never go into I.T.

On a side note, anybody in the KC area need a Citrix Administrator?

Looks like I'll go drink some beer w/ him in the driveway for the rest of the night.

Don't make it worse for him, but just be there. Life isn't easy. I'm nearly quitting a job I had for 10 years and going on my own. Won't be easy, but it will pay dividends later.

I was to laid off from a job I had for 12+ years a little over a year ago. I was doing well and moving up. The company I worked for (you may have heard of them where you are) handed over their operations to another company and they said I was too skilled for their needs (WTF? Just an excuse to let go a high paid employee). Luckily I found another job first but I lost pay, seniority, vacation and the severance package because I had to quit. It can be tough these days, one thing I do know is drinking did not help me find a new job. Being clear minded did.

Sorry for you friend.

If he's got $2000 to live on for a couple weeks, the Dakota oil fields are BOOMING. $ to live on till 1st payday is absolutely CRUCIAL. People are charging $1500/mo for a single room & he'll be lucky to find a room at all. Travel trailers/vans are EXTREMELY handy to have there. But, depending on the position, you can make 3 yrs pay (or more) in 1 year. There are computer jobs there too, maybe this could be of help to your friend:
https://www10.ultirecruit.com/ALE1000/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*FAFB6319669D42D8

Here's a few more:
http://www.indeed.com/q-Computer-l-North-Dakota-jobs.html
Good luck to your friend. Regards, GF.

If he had $2000 he wouldn't be worried about his car being repossessed next Tuesday. Tough luck, and when it rains it pours. He's wanting to stay in the KC area so he can stay with his 9yo daughter and wife.

That's no good. Maybe it's time he switched fields?

Back