Lid for keggle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ziggy13

Reaction score
What do you guys use for a lid for 15.5 gallon Kegs as brew pots? I was thinking some time of trash can lid?

When I cut mine I left a lip so I could use a regular pot lid. Then I bought a cheap wok with a 13" lid and it worked out nicely, plus it is glass so I can look down into the kettle.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60131531

stabil-lid__78635_PE201314_S4.jpg

awesome. I gotta measure how big the opening is. how big is the 13" lids compared to a 5 gallon fermenter lid? cus my 5 gallon lid falls right through

gotcha. I've not been using a lid since I upgraded to a 15.5 gallon keg as my brewpot, but I have been going through a lot of propane so I figured I would try it out.

I took the cutouts from my keggles and soldered stainless washers to the edge. They don't fit perfectly, but pretty close and cost me less than $2 to do two of them. I got the idea from a Bobby_M picture.

My lid is the top cover from an old summit 14" air cleaner assembly! Works great and there was a hole in the center for mounting a handle.

I took the cutouts from my keggles and soldered stainless washers to the edge. They don't fit perfectly, but pretty close and cost me less than $2 to do two of them. I got the idea from a Bobby_M picture.

same here.. i actually removed the spears from the kegs, reinserted them so they are poking out the top of the newly created lid, and bent them at 90 degree angles so i also have handles for my lids.. works great, though i only use the one on the HLT as my hopspider is in the way of using a lid on the BK

I do this same thing. I also had one of those splash screens, like you would use over your pan when frying something, and tried that the last brew day and it did a pretty good job of keeping the steam inside the keggle.

I used the lid from an enamel seafood pot. It was the diameter of the entire keg, not the cut out but it works really well. It actually fits better upside down and the condensation of the steam drips to the center.

I use it on my HLT when heating water and also put it on my Boil Kettle after the boil while cooling to keep odd things like leaves from falling in.

What I keep putting off is some sort of splatter screen to use on the BK to keep bees and leaves from visiting during the boil

Back