LHBS opened right around the corner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonzombiekitty

Reaction score
I am very excited. I knew the LHBS that I usually go to was going to move from South Philadelphia to my general neighborhood. Last I had talked with the owner, it was supposed to be about 10 blocks away. Then yesterday, I was driving home and saw that not only had he moved to my neighborhood, he moved literally around the corner. Now I have a LHBS within a one minute walk.

:)

Nice, I see impromptu work night brews in your future! I work close to mine and even though I'm all grain, sometimes I'll stop in and grab stuff for an easy extract brew after work if I have an empty fermenter. I suggest a saison... don't even need room in the ferment freezer or any temp control.

Now all you need is a bar around the other corner

There's none right around the corner, but there's several within a 5 minute walk. There does look to be a bar that will open some time in the future at the end of my block, but from what I heard about it, it won't be one I'd want to go to.

Yeah, i went by Barry's new space when they opened on Saturday.

I'm kinda bummed because the old location was only 2 blocks from my house. So i have a bit of a trip now to get up there, but the space is definitely a step up.

there's a LOT more space in there now.

Yeah, i went by Barry's new space when they opened on Saturday.

I'm kinda bummed because the old location was only 2 blocks from my house. So i have a bit of a trip now to get up there, but the space is definitely a step up.

there's a LOT more space in there now.

And my neighborhood is cooler :p

And my neighborhood is cooler :p

ahaha, you can have it. I'm not much of a fan, i lived in fishtown before it was the cool ;)

I do miss my corner bar and ... well that's about it.

Back to my neighborhood for a few years now, i really only like 2nd Street since i grew up there, it's a very insulated neighborhood.

I have been meaning to check out Frankford Hall though, have you been ?

I have been meaning to check out Frankford Hall though, have you been ?

Yeah, it's a nice place. But it's a bit pricey. Food is way too expensive for what it is. Beer is not outrageous, but on the higher end of the scale. What's annoying is that they don't include tax on the price of the beer. So while it might say a liter of beer is $10, it's really ~$11. Unlike EVERY OTHER DAMN BAR IN THE CITY.

Personally, I prefer to hang out the Abbaye, Kraftwork, or the El Bar.

ETA: The Abbaye is having a $10 bottomless pint night tomorrow (the 28th). Between 7 and 9, $10 will get you a pint glass from Left Hand brewing that you keep, and unlimited refills of Bluepoint Oktoberfest, Bluepoint Blueberry Ale, Bluepoint Pumpkin, Bluepoint Toasted Lager, Left Hand Black Jack Porter, plus there's a raffle.

This was my situation up until this summer when I moved. You may be the new winner of the closest LHBS contest. From THIS thread....

I think I got you all beat.
neener.gif

Quay Street Brewing Company, Port Huron Michigan 292 Feet. :D

Eastern Shores Homebrewing Supply 0.3 mi (Three blocks South of me on my street)

Wolverine Market Beer and Wine 0.3 mi (Three Blocks North of me on my street)

(And these are just the places in walking distance. There are 4 other great beerstores within a 2 mile radious from me. Another brewpub 15 minutes from me, and 2 more places to by homebrew supplies in a 5 mile radius of me.

This is Quay Street Brewing company, fyi...(The back view)

n620469066_1655307_7697525.jpg

This is my street from my Loft window during the annual classic car show.

n620469066_1657510_4836675.jpg

Basically the Brewpub is at the corner of the far leftt of this pic, just before you cross the bridge, then 2 more blocks further is the LHBS, and 3 blocks north (to the right) of the view is the market I talked about.

Also about 150 feet from me is a restaurant with about 12 microbrews on tap and a couple hundred bottles. And about 1 block past the lhbs on the opposite side of the street is a coffee house that as 4-5 micros on tap, mostly Bell's and Dragonmead.

Sadly now I have nothing close and as convenient.

Back