LF: Bell's Oberon & 2 Hearted & Dead Guy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S2005

Reaction score
So I'm trying to find some recipes for 3 of my favorite beers.

I want to brew: Bell's Two Hearted Ale, Bell's Oberon, Rogue Dead Guy, and a Cherry Stout.

I am still VERY new to brewing, and I do not want to try an AG batch yet.

I'm looking for simple, Malt Extract kits.

This recipe was recommended to me for Rogue Dead Guy:
It's a little expensive, and complicated, if anyone knows a more simple one.
4lbs. Pale Malt Extract (Liquid)
2lbs. Light Malt Extract (Dry)
2.5lbs Munich Malt Extract (Liquid)
1.25lbs Carastan Malt (Steeping Grains)

1.25oz. Perle Hop Pellets For 60 Minute (Bittering Hops) 8.9%AA

1oz Czech Saaz Hop Pellets for 1 Minute (Aroma Hops)
1 Whirlfloc Tablet added with 10 minutes left in the boil
2 Rogue Pacman Ale Yeast

I'd very much appreciate anyone that has recipes for any of the 4 beers I mentioned!

Thanks Again!
~Steven

So I'm trying to find some recipes for 3 of my favorite beers.

I want to brew: Bell's Two Hearted Ale, Bell's Oberon, Rogue Dead Guy, and a Cherry Stout.

I am still VERY new to brewing, and I do not want to try an AG batch yet.

I'm looking for simple, Malt Extract kits.

This recipe was recommended to me for Rogue Dead Guy:
It's a little expensive, and complicated, if anyone knows a more simple one.

I'd very much appreciate anyone that has recipes for any of the 4 beers I mentioned!

Thanks Again!
~Steven

Steven,

Oberon and Two Hearted are also two of my favorites. Adventures in Homebrewing sells extract kits for clones of both of them. Here are links:

Oberon clone kit

2-Hearted clone kit

Both were pretty good. The Oberon is tough to nail as an extract. I added 2 oz. of cascade hops as a dry hop to give it more of a citrusy flavor too fwiw.

Oh, and they also sell a clone for Rogue Dead Guy as well:

Rogue Dead Guy

Do you happen to know what those kits come with?

I'd like to pick up the stuff at my LHBS or a different website... : \

I like the Dead Guy recipe I have posted. I think it's spot on. (Recipe is under my avatar under "recipes", or in the recipe database.) Here's the direct link: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f66/dead-guy-clone-extract-ag-see-note-25902/

Two Hearted is really easy. There are a couple of a clone recipes posted in our database here, but I like this one: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f69/bells-two-hearted-ale-clone-close-they-come-91488/

To convert that to extract with grains, just replace the 12 pounds of two-row and Vienna malt with 7 pounds of light extract.

We can help with explaining specific steps if you need any help, or help converting any of the recipes here.

I've never made an Oberon clone (hate wheat beers), but there are lots of decent clones. A quick search should help you find a good one.

Here's the link to the whole list of recipes: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f54/

You are my hero.

They just opened a bier garten 15 minutes from my house. It's only been open for 3 weeks, and I basically live there.

I already knew I loved Dead Guy, and they have it on draft. My father is from Kalamazoo (Born and Raised) and he loves Bell's. Oberon is his favorite, but I've never tried it. I need to find one to see if my clone is even close.

I was also thinking about bottle harvesting yeast. I've been researching it a lot.

I know I love Two Hearted. I drink it a lot at that same bier garten all the time!

I recently harvested from Bells Amber Ale for the first time before I brewed my first attempt at an AG Oberon clone and I've since washed said yeast and am planning on using it for a batch of Two Hearted and Bells Best Brown Ale. Oh, and I used this recipe from Crypto:

Here's my final recipe:

6lbs American 2 row
4lbs American White wheat
.5lbs Carapils

1oz Saaz 30min (leaf)
1oz Saaz 15min (leaf)
.5oz Saaz and 1oz Cascade in secondary (dry hopped for 14 days) (leaf)

Start in at 133F for 15 minutes
Decoc 12 pints of mash (adjust this for your system)
155F for 60minutes
mash out.

OG 1.059
FG 1.014-016

Here is a link to the thread. This recipe is on page 2.

Bells Oberon Clone

I think there are some extract conversions of the recipe somewhere in that thread as well.

Also, Adventures in Homebrewing lists the ingredients to their kits thru a link on the links I listed above.

Back