Let's try something a little differant.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JebCkr

Reaction score
Hello, I purchased a couple of extract kits off northerbrewer yesterday. The first, Face puncher IPA. The second an AK47 Pale Mild.

The AK47 pale mild, I bought for the heck off it. I thought I'd just experiment with it. It's OG is 1036, so I'm thinking I want to bump it up a little stronger. So, give me some ideas on what household ingrediant you might add.

A few things might be corn sugar for pure ABV boost, honey, grapejuice. I don't know, what have you tried before and did you like it?

Umm, yea I'm done :tank:

O yea, here's the recipe.

SPECIALTY GRAIN
-- 0.5 lbs Simpsons Caramalt
-- 1 oz Fawcett Pale Chocolate
FERMENTABLES
-- 3 lbs Munton’s Light DME (60 min)
-- 1 lb corn sugar late addition (0 min)
HOPS & FLAVORINGS
-- 0.75 oz Kent Goldings (60 min)
-- 0.25 oz Kent Goldings (15 min)

After looking, I'm thinking trying something along the lines of chocolate. I read one recipe that called for a 16oz candy bar, or pure choclate chips, at the begin of the boil and then half a cup of chocolate syrup at the end. Do yu think that'd go well with this style?

I'm not sure why you would order a recipe for a Mild, and then try to boost it. Why not just order something bigger to begin with?

Anyway, add another pound of DME. That will boost the gravity by about 8 points.

Back