Let's see your new hop plants!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is mine...
These are all first year hops. I went with Cascade, centennial, crystal, and chinook. We planted about 70 plants and got 86% germination,
we are pretty happy with that. The Chinooks seem to be doing the best thus far.

IMG_3198[1].jpg

IMG_3199[1].jpg

IMG_3200[1].jpg

IMG_3201[1].jpg

Here is mine...
These are all first year hops. I went with Cascade, centennial, crystal, and chinook. We planted about 70 plants and got 86% germination,
we are pretty happy with that. The Chinooks seem to be doing the best thus far.

@DustyFarms For clarification, when you say germination, do you mean sprouted from rhizomes? I think that's probably what you meant. However, if they were germinated from seed, it's impossible they are the varieties you listed.

I can't believe everyone has such large plants already. I'm living in Colorado Springs and our weather has kept from even putting mine outside

That's what I figured. Your hop yard looks really good! What are the leafy plants you have growing between at least two of the rows?

Hi! I'm Karl
Just learned how to brew last year.. got addicted to it im brewing 5 gallon batches at least once a month. I bought 8 hop rhizomes this year, planted them all and 7 came up!

Left to right is 2 centenials, and then 3 cascades(i bought a lot because i use these both very frequently in my brews)

Notice the power lines above the fence... ill have to train them to go up some twine and then redirect traffic and head elsewhere. I have a vision of a beautiful canopy/tunnel like this:

The 2 centenials are winning the race so far:

Not pictured here are also a mt hood and chinook that we along the fence behind me as i took these pics. My Tettnager hops never came up.

@ffaoe, the bushy plants in between the rows are Zinnia's, this is my first go around with building and planting a hops yard, its been fun.

Hey Karl, I like the idea of having a hops tunnel, you"ll have to send some update photos later in the year.

Back