Let's see those "Frankenbier" Recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerme70

Reaction score
I am starting to build up quite the reserve of "leftovers" in the fridge, and it's getting close to brewing a Frankenbier. So, let's see some of those Frankenbier recipes, and let us know how they turned out.

This will be interesting. Last time I made fruit beer for the wife I had about 2 gallons I left in primary and added some DME swirled it to get it going, after peak fermentation I added honey along the way somewhere I added hops and some LME. Didn't keep any records just quit adding fermentables when I felt the yeast couldn't handle anymore. I think the yeast was Nottingham. That was some pretty potent stuff. Most everyone who drank it had positive reviews. Wish I would have kept records.....

I recently made a 'Kate the Great' IRS clone and it was the most complex grain bill I've ever attempted. I had some similar ingredients like an extra .5 lb of choc malt, etc. in my fridge so I added around 2.5-3.0 lbs of different grains to take the entire weight from 23 to 26#'s total. Interesting to say the least and 10.4% abv.

We had a brew day a while back and didn't have time for additional batches(#4 and#5 for the day) so we combined the ingredients for a porter with a stout. The wort came out of the brewkettle all nasty, thick as crude oil, it was awesome. We let it age for a bit, came out great. Haven't tried to recreate it but we have both sub-recipes....

Back