Lesson learned

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryanh1801

Reaction score
Well learned a good lesson today. Do not buy grains form a store that does not sell much beer stuff. I got a great 45% efficiency today. :eek: Not sure if it was the old grains or a crappy crush. But besides that all went good. Im still trying to decide if its worth keeping. If anything it will make a great summer beer. Guess I will have to order my grains from now on. :(

I'm wondering the same thing.

Theres a brew shop that opened up in Oregon Wisconsin (Pop 3,000).

Is it worth buying grain for 35 bucks for 55lbs bag from them? Who knows.

I think Midwest might be worth the shipping as they move alot of grain. :drunk:

Austin Homebrew will ship for $5.99 on all orders. I've used them many times and their grain is excellent. I'm about to order a 40lb bag as well as some other stuff so it's worth it if you plan your orders out. Plus I figure $5.99 covers gas for a trip to the brew store in my area!

Big Al said:
Austin Homebrew will ship for $5.99 on all orders. I've used them many times and their grain is excellent. I'm about to order a 40lb bag as well as some other stuff so it's worth it if you plan your orders out. Plus I figure $5.99 covers gas for a trip to the brew store in my area!

The shipping price is good, but $40 for a 40 lb sack of 2-row? $54 for MO? That's 10-15 pounds less than a standard sack and MUCH more expensive. That's INSANE!!

Big Al said:

Yeah Im not happy with them on their turn around time, but looks like it might be my only choice. They took almost a full week last time I ordered from them just to ship my stuff out, then it was on friday so the stuff did not get to me until the following monday. Oh well what can you do.

Back