Lemon Juice fermentation info

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bull8042

I like 'em shaved
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone have any information on lemon juice SG potential?
I am trying to add this to BeerSmith and can't seem to find the needed info related to brewing on the interwebs.....

EDIT** Never mind, got it.

1.039 SG Raw juice.

2.4g of actual sugar per 100g of lemons.

RealLemon Nutrition Data says 5.9g sugar per cup.

Curious what style of beer you are looking to do this with? I've been fighting the urge to do an acid malt Berliner Weiss and use freshly squeezed lemon juice for bottle carbing. Perhaps an ounce of lemon extract combines with a cup of lemon juice would give a great natural lemon tang with an touch of extract aroma?

coming soon...to a fridge near you!

Curious what style of beer you are looking to do this with? I've been fighting the urge to do an acid malt Berliner Weiss and use freshly squeezed lemon juice for bottle carbing. Perhaps an ounce of lemon extract combines with a cup of lemon juice would give a great natural lemon tang with an touch of extract aroma?

coming soon...to a fridge near you!

Sorry, but not a "real" brew. More of a "mix and ferment" buzz juice better known as Skeeter Pee. I made one batch in January and it is awesome. Very drinkable and has the potential of not only dropping panties, but making them burst into flames as well. :D

This site says lemon juice has 6 grams of sugar per 244 gram serving, yielding a long decimal that can be rounded to .025%.

Thanks for the info.... :mug:

Back