Lemon gin

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revid

Reaction score
First of all I don't know if this is the correct board but if not could the mods move it. Iam trying to find a recipe for lemon or citrus gin, the one where you don't dump lemons in to a bottle of straight gin. It seems like that's the only recipes I can find. Thanks in advance.

First of all I don't know if this is the correct board but if not could the mods move it. Iam trying to find a recipe for lemon or citrus gin, the one where you don't dump lemons in to a bottle of straight gin. It seems like that's the only recipes I can find. Thanks in advance.

Are you talking about Newfoundland Lemon Gin? (Not distilled but a fermented beverage). Or an actual distilled product??

It doesn't have to be Newfoundland, lol.Iam asking for an older friend who used to make it but forgot the recipe. He called it Japanese gin .

Hard to say if its the same thing or not. When I was growing up in Newfoundland, they used to ferment water, molasses, raisens and lemons. This was known as "lemon gin". Its kinda doubtful that its what your friend is referring to...

Back