Leinenkugels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xiren

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I had my first Guinness back when I was in the Army in 1988. I was not happy with it. Since then, I have tried it a few more times and I can tolerate the taste better than before. I recently bought a 6 pack of mixed Leinenkugels and one of the beers was a dark and creamy. WOW! That was really good! It was not at all bitter like the Guinness. Has anyone else tried and liked it as well?

It's called Leinie's Creamy Dark, and it is nothing like a stout. It is more akin to a bock, but I wouldn't quite call it that, either. Itis a dark lager, and very good.

Black lagers are a different breed from stouts. I made one last winter using Carafa III (which is de-husked). Nice & dark, very smooth.

If you don't like the bitterness of Guiness, you could always try a Murphy's or my favorite is Mackesson-both are sweeter than Guiness.

I just had a Mackesson today. It was good.
Thank you for pointing it out to me that Creamy Dark is not a stout. (newb behind the bottle) :D

Back