Left over pulp uses?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denoyer

Reaction score
I'm going to try my hand at making some cider from apples off my tree. I don't want to waste, so I ask, what are some good uses of the left over apple pulp after pressing out the juice?

Mulch pit?
Don't even thing of adding sugar and making an apple, that's just nasty.
The yeast had their turn, and made you something I hope you like. The left overs are for bacteria, wild deer, or horses.

I'd say an apple-y treat, maybe use some in an apple pie/crumble? I'm not sure what else you could do with it! If you have pet birds then I'm sure they'd love it.

Apple butter, much of the flavor in apple butter comes from the skins and you load in so many spices and sugar it works just fine.

I feed it to a bunch of sheep, geese and a llama who live nearby. I thought of throwing a mead must on top of some crabapple and sunrise pulp once, but I never did it. I suppose fermenting on the skins might make it too tannic. I know it can be done with grape pomace.

Back