leave fermenter in fridge before kegging?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 64661

Reaction score
Well, I bought a corny setup off CL and the keg leaks. It's coming up in between the plastic top and the aluminum can. I can't feel a crack from the inside. Maybe the o ring on the closest popit valve needs replacing?

I have an American cream ale in the primary. I was wondering if it would be of any benefit to place the primary bucket in the fridge overnight to pre-chill the beer? I will hopefully be able to rack to a keg tomorrow and start carbing. I have four more cornies coming tomorrow from an ebay purchase.

Txinga

That is what Crash Cooling is and it will help drop the yeast out of suspension. You can leave it in the fridge for a few days. The yeast will drop out and form a firm cake on the bottom of your fermenter.

Pull all your posts and replace all O-Rings. If it still leaks, you got a bad keg.

yes. cold crashing is amazing. i always do a cold crash now after i made a crystal clear beer. i cold crashed my latest beer in my keezer for 5 days before putting it in the corny.

Anybody in Woodstock GA that can weld a leaking corny?

I took the corny up to beernecesseties in Roswell. Great place by the way...

The valves and stems are good. Looks like there must be a crack in the can. Either that or turn this one into a fermenter. Got an automatic blow off built in :)

I don't think Corny's are easy to weld because they are paper thin. I had a keg go bad like yours so I just salvaged all the good parts off it and used the carcass for target practice. Thats how I discovered just how thin the metal on those really are.

Back