leaky keg or bad regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fsuhornb

Reaction score
I'm leaning toward leaky keg, but I'm looking for some confirmation. I've got a 5lb. nitro tank that I've refilled...several times. AND I'm on my second nitro regulator, both are new. Last night to test if the regulator was holding pressure, I turned the gas off at the tank, expecting to see that the gauge on the left showing tank pressure would be the same this morning. However, it did not hold pressure overnight. Of course I've leak tested everything I can think to spray starsan/soapy water on and can see nothing. I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this? Next step this morning is I'm going to pressurize the gas line with the disconnect off the keg, turn of gas at the regulator, and see if the regulator holds pressure. I should also add that everytime I reconnect and turn the gas back on I hear a ton of gas going into the keg. All this leads me to think the keg is the problem but I'm wondering what everybody thinks. Thanks!

Back