leaky bucket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noobrewer

Reaction score
I have a bottling bucket that has a crude hole cut in the bottom for a spigot (I was late and I was not going to drive 15 minutes for a 1" drill bit, so I used my 3/4" and knifed out the rest). I first used it as a primary one time, worked fine. Recently used it has a priming bucket, and it had a small leak from the hole/seals. What can I use to seal that hole that will not alter beer taste/whatever? OR maybe that will be my dedicated bottling bucket and damn the leaks-full speed ahead. Also, I am quick to clean all my equip so, can I permanently attach the spigot & seal the whole with caulk or something? Thanks :tank:

possibly marine epoxy. avoid all silicone products (like caulk) as it won't stick to plastic.

You might want to check into getting a new bucket... they cost about as much (or less) than the beer you would toss because of the infectious little nasties hiding in the crevasses where you drilled the hole. just a suggestion

Back