Leaking Faucet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andruw134

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum. I'm fairly new to having a kegerator as well (Edgestar). I just recently changed out all my lines and got a new keg. I was having flow problems at first and the forum helped me figure out that problem, but now the only one i cant figure out is my leak in my faucet. I've tried tightening it from the outside and cant get any tighter and also from the inside of the tower, but don't have a tool that works great with it. I should have pictures attached, if it doesnt work I will try loading again in the thread. Thanks in advance.

IMG_1490.jpg

IMG_1491.jpg

Is that replace the rubber washer that is by the nut (white thing), or is it inside the faucet itself?

Where is your leak?

The inside of your tower should have nothing to do with leak.

If you are leaking where the faucet attaches to the shank (the part that it looks like you have galled pretty good... :) ) then there should be a washer in there.

If your are leaking from the actual spout, that is a whole different tear apart and put in new washers.

I just took it apart and I dont see a washer in there at all. I changed all my lines about a month before getting the keg and I'm not sure what I did with the washer. Is there somewhere I can buy the correct size washer or better off ordering online?

I dont see a washer at all, which would be my issued. Do you know of any stores (lowes, home depot, etc) that would sell the coupler washer in store rather than waiting online

All praise amazon!!

I'm assuming this one... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00247ZQA6/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20
Should do the trick. It's been a while since I've had standard faucets (much less taken my Perlicks off), but I'm 99.9% sure there is supposed to be a washer in there. Beverage Factory is notorious for an important part or two missing.

Last edited by a moderator:
IIRC, not in that end, but in the swivel nut on the tower that the faucet threads into.

EDIT: Awe, man...now I'm second guessing myself as to where the washer goes. One thing is for sure though... you need a washer.

I'm sure I'm aggravating. according to pg 13 of that link from earlier. It looks like the coupling washer goes into that spot. I found a washer from my old line and used that and the leak stopped perfectly, butttt my pour seems messed up now. It only pours when the faucet knob is open half way. Nothing when open full.

I also do not know what IIRC means

Now I noticed some beer coming out of the coupler. Could this be a pressure issue, as in too much psi, or more likely a washer issue?

Ive never had any of these issues before. BUt this is also only the 3rd or 4th keg and first time i ever changed out the lines.

IMG_1493.jpg

Not aggravating me at all. :tank:

IIRC = If I recall correctly

Although I have little to no experience with Sankey taps, almost any gas/liquid leak from a joint comes from an improper seal (ie, O-ring or gasket). I have a hard time believing that leak is coming from too much pressure (I'm assuming ~8 - 15 psi). Do you have another washer you could throw in there to see?

You're right. Page 13 does suggest that placement.

Thanks, I appreciate all your help and so quickly as well. I'm pretty sure im fresh out of washers. My amazon order should be in by the end of the week. If that doesnt fix it, Im sure I'll be back on here. Thanks again

Looks like a bad gaket/o-ring in both places, the tap and the faucet. Replace both and you should be good to go, or make sure the one on the tap is seated properly.

Pick up one of these to tighten and remove your taps, or get the fancy one with he wrench on the other side.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back