Leak found FINALLY!!! Regulator gauge...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n2fooz

Reaction score
I've been trying to hunt down a leak that ranges from very slight to where did all my CO2 go?! I have a 2-way primary regulator and a 3-way secondary regulator for 4 kegs. I tried using a Starsan solution sprayed on everything, no bubbles. Tried dish soap, no bubbles. :smack:
Today I took everything out, determined to figure out what was going on. As it turns out, the leak was inside of one of the secondary Taprite regulators. There is a tube bent into an arc that flexes with pressure. The base of this tube was not properly soldered into the base fitting. This caused a tiny leak that was only detectable when the pressure was increased to 50 psi, the gauge cover off and my ear up to the gauge. I could hear it and had to disassemble the gauge to figure it out. Re-soldered the connection... No more leaky gauge.

Nice job. I'm dealing with the same mystery issue right now, and I'm almost certain it's in the regulator. Where the hell is all my gas??? Good tip on turning the pressure way up to find it...

Disconnect all kegs, unplug fridge/freezer or better yet take all components out, turn the pressure up and take the gauge covers off then listen carefully.

Latest posts

Back