LCD desktop monitor repair

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CarlLBC

Reaction score
just wondering if any of ya'll have replaced ccfl lamps or a backlight inverter in their LCD monitors. I have some lamps ordered and wasn't sure if I need to buy an inverter also.

the inverter is more likely to go bad and much easier to replace. I would try a new inverter first before trying to replace the ccfls. either way if you havent done this before look up a good tutorial online with pictures.

yeah, I've done alot of internet searching and think it shouldn't be a problem. the inverter seems to be pretty easy and the ccfl will be a pain but also shouldn't be too bad. a few places said you may need to replace both and you should do so at the same time, but it'll end up being around 80 bucks. I'll go ahead and get the inverter and lamps and be done with it. that way I shouldn't have to mess with it for another five years. I guess 80 isn't bad when a new one can run 120-400. thanks

Back