Quantcast

LBS didn't ship nor email

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

balto charlie

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I am trying to be a nice guy but am losing my patience. I ordered 125.00 worth of supplies almost 2 weeks ago(12 days) and quickly received an email stating they would ship in 3 days and send me an email w/ shipping info. Last I've heard from them. I emailed on Monday(day9) just to figure out what is up, no reply. A second email went out Wednesday(day11) again asking for info, no reply. I emailed today and no email. When I was going to place my order I asked a couple of questions and received immediately email replies. I'm holding off writing their name as 1 bad rap equals 10 good recommendations. I don't mind the slow shipping but they should drop me a line and tell they are having problems. Luckily it is kegging supplies and not yeast and hops. How much longer should I wait until I cancel my order through paypal. Thanks Charlie

Beerrific

Reaction score
I would try calling. Ask for an explanation as to the delay and as to why your e-mails have been ignored.

ShortSnoutBrewing

Kwanesum Chinook Illahee
Reaction score
Yeah, picking up the phone will give you faster results. E-mail is fine for the beginnings of things, but at this point in the process you need to just pick up the phone and talk to some one.

MULE

Reaction score
balto charlie said:
I am trying to be a nice guy but am losing my patience. I ordered 125.00 worth of supplies almost 2 weeks ago(12 days) and quickly received an email stating they would ship in 3 days and send me an email w/ shipping info. Last I've heard from them. I emailed on Monday(day9) just to figure out what is up, no reply. A second email went out Wednesday(day11) again asking for info, no reply. I emailed today and no email. When I was going to place my order I asked a couple of questions and received immediately email replies. I'm holding off writing their name as 1 bad rap equals 10 good recommendations. I don't mind the slow shipping but they should drop me a line and tell they are having problems. Luckily it is kegging supplies and not yeast and hops. How much longer should I wait until I cancel my order through paypal. Thanks Charlie
IMHO, That kind of money and time equals walking in the place. Which LHBS in MD did you order from?

Rick_R

Still Love Fried Chicken
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Leave out the "bad rap" sentence, change the "theys" & "thems" to "yous" in the above and e-mail it to them. Should get you a reply.

Rick

OP
balto charlie

balto charlie

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Well I called last Friday. He apologized profusely and promised to ship today. He said he was recently swamped and it was only himself and 1 other. We'll see.
FWIW I didn't order from a Maryland store(wish I had) and it was not Morebeer.

Rhoobarb

Reaction score
balto charlie said:
Well I finally gave up and canceled my order, numerous emails and 2 calls!!. Money refunded immediately. 3.5 weeks waiting for nothing. ...
So, where did you originally buy from? Might help others avoid your woe if they know in advance.