Laziness and life

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoPhunk

Reaction score
So circumstances as they were have led to me having a beer in the primary for 5-6 months. My question is, "will it still bottle carb or so I need to add yeast?"

Shouldn't make too much difference. You could just pitch more of whatever you used for the original batch into your bottling bucket.

Cheers!

For any beer I've aged that long I will pitch a half package of dry yeast just to make sure. It's only a few bucks and gives you peace of mind.

Just out of curiosity what kind of beer is it? Just wondering if it will actually benefit from bulk aging like that.

I agree. Keep it simple. Half a pack of US-05 or the like should be more than adequate for conditioning. You're not trying to restart primary fermentation, just getting a little CO2 produced.

It was a red ale. We brewed then I had a kid and then pool, garden, etc... Took over.

Back