Lawnmower Suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Lancezos

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have to order some stuff to bottle my first ever batch next weekend and figured I might as well order an extract kit for my next brew at the same time. I really would like a lawnmower that I could keg and drink throughout the summer. One that's low in gravity so I can drink a couple and still feel like mowin' the lawn. Any suggestions? Either a extract kit from any supplier or an extract recipe since I'm an noober.

I was thinking maybe a cream ale unless anyone else has a better suggestion. I don't have anyway of controlling the temp so has to be an ale and ferment around 55-60 in my basement or 65 upstairs. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

eriktlupus

Reaction score
look up biermunchers centennial blonde, its san easy on the wallet brew with 1oz total hops and an easy drinking 4%abv that goes down real easy.

pen25

Reaction score
dont forget the cream of 3 crops as well. i havent brewed one yet but plan on it very soon since i just got a igloo 5 gal cooler for 10 bucks at kmart and going to brew my first all grain doing the cream of 3 crops

mmb

"I just got a new pet toaster!"
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like a nice kolsch would be right up your alley. 55-60 sounds really nice with a packet of Nottingham or WLP029. I just put a WLP029 fermented at 60-62 into secondary for lagering and it taste very clean.

OP
OP
L

Lancezos

Reaction score
I wanted to do a Kolsh but I thought I read somewhere here that you had to have good temperature control around 50 almost like an lager. How long do you normally have to cold condition a kolsh after primary?

mmb

"I just got a new pet toaster!"
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Chris White of White Labs says that with the WLP029 (Kolsch) you can ferment at 62 and it's perfectly fine. I fermented at 60 - 62 for 21 days and it's super clean. Going to lager it for 2 weeks at 40 and then keg but I'd be perfectly willing to just bottle this right now and go.

White Labs - WLP029