Lawnmower Suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lancezos

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have to order some stuff to bottle my first ever batch next weekend and figured I might as well order an extract kit for my next brew at the same time. I really would like a lawnmower that I could keg and drink throughout the summer. One that's low in gravity so I can drink a couple and still feel like mowin' the lawn. Any suggestions? Either a extract kit from any supplier or an extract recipe since I'm an noober.

I was thinking maybe a cream ale unless anyone else has a better suggestion. I don't have anyway of controlling the temp so has to be an ale and ferment around 55-60 in my basement or 65 upstairs. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

look up biermunchers centennial blonde, its san easy on the wallet brew with 1oz total hops and an easy drinking 4%abv that goes down real easy.

dont forget the cream of 3 crops as well. i havent brewed one yet but plan on it very soon since i just got a igloo 5 gal cooler for 10 bucks at kmart and going to brew my first all grain doing the cream of 3 crops

Sounds like a nice kolsch would be right up your alley. 55-60 sounds really nice with a packet of Nottingham or WLP029. I just put a WLP029 fermented at 60-62 into secondary for lagering and it taste very clean.

I wanted to do a Kolsh but I thought I read somewhere here that you had to have good temperature control around 50 almost like an lager. How long do you normally have to cold condition a kolsh after primary?

Chris White of White Labs says that with the WLP029 (Kolsch) you can ferment at 62 and it's perfectly fine. I fermented at 60 - 62 for 21 days and it's super clean. Going to lager it for 2 weeks at 40 and then keg but I'd be perfectly willing to just bottle this right now and go.

White Labs - WLP029

Back