Quantcast

Lavin 1118 krausen?!

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Johnnyhitch1

Reaction score
Never thought i would post one of these threads and im 99% positive its all good in the hood but does 1118 produce enormous krausen with even bigger bubbles? 1st time with this yeast and it IS a beast! No off colors, fuzz, mold, pelicles or the like just never experienced this with a wine yeast
Its a skeeter pee batch,

image-2370206960.jpg

image-2433824696.jpg

Heavywalker

Reaction score
I have used 1118 a lot and never gotten anything but a fizz. I have gotten a fairly large Krausen on a blackberry wine using Cote De Blanc yeast though.

I'm sure it is fine and just the way that yeast reacted to its environment.

nozzleman

Reaction score
I am using it right now to make hard lemonade, it's my first time to use it too. I can say mine has been going for 3 days now and it has not looked like that at any time.

With that being said I think that you are right that all is probably ok with no off issues other than the size of the krauzen.

OP
Johnnyhitch1

Johnnyhitch1

Reaction score
Its starting to clear @ 14 days and im guessing it might just be off-gasing?
Hope so!

Thx guys.
Cheers

StoneArcher

Reaction score
In my blueberry wine, I did get a ton - Like what you have, in cherry a bit less but still a lot and then with a Welches Apple Cranberry just a fizz. I don't know the reasoning on why the wildly different results, but that is my limited experiences with 1118.

+1 on I'm sure it's fine.