Lauter tun opinions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speer1234

Reaction score
Hello! Im about to have a brain aneurysm with the amount of stops ive made to various hardware stores trying to get this manifold to seal properly on the wall of my cooler.

With that aside, Ive finally got what seems to be a good seal. It involves the rubber washer orignally in the cooler and an "0" ring.

My question is, would these 2 washers be safe when I pour in my hot wort and sparge? I dont want the temps to leech rubber flavour, etc. :(

If anyone can give me their 2 cents I would highly appreciate it. I just want to start brewing and cant because of this :tank::tank::p:mug:

Forgot pics!!

IMG_00000722.jpg

IMG_00000723.jpg

IMG_00000724.jpg

Yes, it seems to be leak free. Had water sitting in it for a while now.

I would just like some experienced insight in to the safeness of the cooler washer and "O" ring combination. Id really appreciate it.

The o ring should be fine, I use something similar. Do you have some sort of washer/nut combination to hold it all together? Most setups I have seen compress the gasket against the vessel wall to form a seal.

Back