latest cider cloudy and very yeasty smell with no apple taste

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim fallows

Reaction score
hi all
this may have been covered in the past before but I will ask anyway to try and save time (sorry in advance if this has been covered).
made a new cider batch which is very cloudy , which I have never had before , usually it clears quite quickly .
I have took the start gravity of 1042 it stopped after 7 days with a reading of 1000 but really cloudy and a strong yeast smell , I have just racked to secondary and toying with the idea to use quick clear to clear it but I want to bottle carbonate with apple juice as my primer.
if I use quick clear will I still be able to bottle carbonate using a primer or will it take all the yeast out of it .
thanks in advance for any replies I learn a lot from you all on this forum....

It's probably not done yet. Give it another week or two. If the yeast doesn't settle out in another week, you can add gelatin to knock the yeast out, that takes about 48 hours or so.

Cheers.

Back