Last brew day of 2017

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murphys_Law

Reaction score
Whew...got in my last brew day for 2017! Due to changing jobs/career this fall, my life has been turned upside down (in a good way) and the ol' pipeline has sure suffered so I wanted to try and squeeze in a brew day.

This was the day! It was 60 degrees today so I stopped working/studying early (damn license requirements!) and made my house ale.

It will be in the 20's tomorrow and I'll have to shovel snow - welcome to Colorado!!

Hope you all can get one more day in before we flip the calendar.

Happy Holidays to all my fellow brewers!!

Cheers! :cask:

I was hoping this weekend, but it is going to be too cold. So hoping for the 31st or 1st day of 2018. This weekend I'll keg a Scottish and build up some old yeast. Maybe get the chance to clean up a bit.

I might get my wife's Gluten Free Lambic done on the 31st. Flying home across 9.5 time zones in the 30th so it's going to depend on how jet lagged I am.

Cheers :mug:,

Congratulations on the new life changes. I want to do something similar soon. Meanwhile back in my real life, pipeline is full, gotta drink up some of this stuff and make room to brew more. :bott: So I am done for the year.

Got a few lined up. American IPA, Flanders Red and English Barleywine. The Barleywine may end up being the fiirst brew off 2018 though.

Whew...got in my last brew day for 2017! Due to changing jobs/career this fall, my life has been turned upside down (in a good way) and the ol' pipeline has sure suffered so I wanted to try and squeeze in a brew day.

This was the day! It was 60 degrees today so I stopped working/studying early (damn license requirements!) and made my house ale.

It will be in the 20's tomorrow and I'll have to shovel snow - welcome to Colorado!!

Hope you all can get one more day in before we flip the calendar.

Happy Holidays to all my fellow brewers!!

Cheers! :cask:

Haha, I right there with you. Brewed up double batch of a pale ale. Thought I'd get it out of the way before the kids all come home from their schools.

Back