Larry's hard lemonade

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

pintocb

Reaction score
I don't know if this is where this belongs, but I post here more often than not, so.....

I'm fermenting a gallon of "Simply Lemonade", a store bought beverage that is what it says, simply lemonade. I used Lalvin EC-1118. I thought with the acidity of the lemon juice the fermentation might be problematic. Its bubbling away.

Has anyone out there tried this? I know I won't end up with the commerical stuff, but I'm hoping for a refreshing sour beverage with a kick.

I'll post what happens.

Cb

Pogo

Reaction score
I've never had Larry's Hard Lemonade, but someone somewhere on this site has posted that Larry uses malt in it.

They tried it and said that it was great. I tried it with Apfelwein and it is great also.

So, if you can taste malt in Larry's, go for it if thats your target.

I have no idea about the quanity for a 1-gallon batch, though.

Pogo

PAC762

Reaction score
I have a 1-gallon batch going now, too. 16 tea bags, 1 can lemonade concentrate, water, and EC-1118. It's just a random experiment to play with my "chemistry set", (AKA homebrew equipment). Not sure if it will be drinkable.

OP
P

pintocb

Reaction score
Didn't mean to confuse....I'm the Larry in "Larry's Lemonade" for the sake of this thread. I'll have to check out the other though.

Pogo

Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHA...Wow!

I'm sorry, I guess I'm losing what little of a mind that I have left!

I was thinking MIKE's Hard Lemonade!

Sorry, again, for the confusion that I pumped into this thread!

Pogo

OP
P

pintocb

Reaction score
Consider this a failed experiment. The most retched, sour, yeasty nastiness you can imagine. Glad I only did a gallon.

Firstnten

Reaction score
Consider this a failed experiment. The most retched, sour, yeasty nastiness you can imagine. Glad I only did a gallon.

Yooper has a recipe for hard lemonade that I am currently trying. It was the hardest freaking ferment I have dealt with thus far. It took forever to start and it's still going.

it's at about at 8% ABV now it tastes really sweet. OG was 1.110 I'm now at 1.050...

I'll post a link to her recipe