Large bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kendalljd7

Reaction score
I'm trying to find some of the rare large size bottles. They have names like Methuselah and Nebuchadnezzar. I'm going to be bottling a mead in one for a wedding gift, but I haven't had any luck finding some that are either empty or full of $700 worth of wine. haha Any suggestions?

I'm trying to find some of the rare large size bottles. They have names like Methuselah and Nebuchadnezzar. I'm going to be bottling a mead in one for a wedding gift, but I haven't had any luck finding some that are either empty or full of $700 worth of wine. haha Any suggestions?

You can get a jeroboam full of about 100 dollars or so worth of beer easily (stone, samichlaus).

I doubt getting a Nebuchadnezzar empty is reasonably possible. It probably isn't that easy to get one full and $700 seems pretty cheap.

Yellow label Vueve is about 2 grand in a Nebuchadnezzar and that is not a particularly expensive wine. I doubt two buck chuck comes in large format.

Honestly I would try to make a couple of jeroboams work and just drink the beer that comes in them.

I would check with wine making supply stores. I doubt they'd have the bottles in stock, but they might be able to get them from their suppliers. Also check with wineries that offer large format wines - they might be willing to sell you some empties or hook you up with their bottle company.

Back