Lager Yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murph69

Reaction score
Hi All,

I did a double batch of Pilsner Urquell today. Long day, I did two decoctions...

I could not manage to chill my wort any lower than the supplied water using the garden hose water 64f / 17c thru my immersion chiller.

I’m using x4 of White Labs WP802 Lager yeast

My beer is currently sitting in a controlled fridge, set for 55d - anyone know what is the maximum temperature that I could pitch this at, without hurting the yeast or changing the outcome?

The east package says, 50 to 55f or 10c to 12.8c

It’s 10 PM here where I live, and I don’t want to stay up all night waiting for it to reach temperature, as well as to risk infection,,,, ugh

Hi All,

I did a double batch of Pilsner Urquell today. Long day, I did two decoctions...

I could not manage to chill my wort any lower than the supplied water using the garden hose water 64f / 17c thru my immersion chiller.

I’m using x4 of White Labs WP802 Lager yeast

My beer is currently sitting in a controlled fridge, set for 55d - anyone know what is the maximum temperature that I could pitch this at, without hurting the yeast or changing the outcome?

The east package says, 50 to 55f or 10c to 12.8c

It’s 10 PM here where I live, and I don’t want to stay up all night waiting for it to reach temperature, as well as to risk infection,,,, ugh
What type of fermentor? Did you clean & sanitize well? Assuming you did, and your fermentor is sealed... i say wait to picth until the temp is reached.
My $.02 is the proper pitch temp far outweighs infection risk IF you handled sanitazation properly.

Back