Lack-of-stimulus extra pale ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leghorn

Reaction score
Ok, the tax cut from the stimulus package ain't gonna be enough to cover brew expenses. And I'm not getting a bailout. So I have been trying to piece together a beer from the various leftovers in my cabinet - wondering if I can get some comments/feedback on this:

Extra pale ale
OG: 1.053
IBU: 43.2
SRM: 6.4
ABV: 5.08

3lb Marris Otter (leftover)
3lb Bohemian Pilsner (leftover)
3lb White wheat
1lb Flaked Rye (leftover)
0.5lb Crystal 40 (leftover)
0.5 oz Warrior (60) (leftover)
.33oz Amarillo (20)
.33oz Simcoe (20)
.33oz Amarillo (5)
.33oz Simcoe (5)
Safale S-33 (leftover)

Mash at 150 degrees for 60 min

I've never used Pilsener and 2-row pale malt together - will this recipe work???

Thanks in advance for feedback.

I think it'll work fine as-is. I don't know that yeast, but it looks like one of the better "leftover" recipes I've seen. These can be fun:mug:

My last kitchen sink recipe is still one of my best. I even cut up some apples that were showing age and threw them in the mash.

I would splurge and buy 2 USD worth of 6 row to through in there. It will significantly aid in sparging and help to convert all of those adjuncts.

I haven't used 6-row before, but am hoping to avoid cost. Won't the flaked rye be fine without it? And 6 lbs 2-row should cover the 3 lbs of white wheat malt, right?

Back