LabJack hardware costs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeshivers

Reaction score
I'm looking into doing the automated brewery thing. A lot of people seem to have LabJack on thiers. What are the costs? I've calculated roughly $300 to have the U3, an amplifier (the sales rep said I needed one if I were to have multiple thermocouples), and two thermocouples.

U3-LV
Stock: In Stock
Price: $108.00

LJTick-InAmp $49.00

(2) EI1034 Temperature Probe $100

Does this seem accurate and reasonable?

Interesting! I didn't realize they were so simple. Well that should shave about $70 off my costs. Thanks.

Any ideas why I need an amp?

The amp is needed for thermocouples with the U3. If you use a silicon type sensor (e.g. LM34) instead, then you don't need an amp.

We had suggested the LM34CZ or LM34DZ from Jameco for $5 or $2 each, or even order some free samples from national.com. Then use epoxy, plasti-dip, a metal tube, or whatever else works to make a beer-proof probe.

Pump control was also brought up, so we suggested an SSR from Jameco also. The 176719 is only $20 and handles up to 40A @280VAC. If you don't need so much current capability, you could look at the 176698 or 175214.

Back