Label Software

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjasghar

Reaction score
i know this question had to been asked before...

but what software do yall use to make labels?

(heck this could be a sticky ;) *hint hint*)

BTW, i'm a mac user so i have _no_ clue where to start.

(plus i havent even finished fermenting my first batch :-O)

jjasghar said:
i know this question had to been asked before...

but what software do yall use to make labels?

(heck this could be a sticky ;) *hint hint*)

BTW, i'm a mac user so i have _no_ clue where to start.

(plus i havent even finished fermenting my first batch :-O)

I use Macromedia 8 Suite, in particular Fireworks... although you're on a mac so that doesn't help... I thought mac's were supposed to be top of the line in production software... where's all the neat graphics programs they have???

any graphics program that lets you do photo work and add type should be fine

personally I use MS Picture it and print them out 6 to a sheet . . . I dont feel like trying to teach myself Photoshop and my pirated copy is soo freeking old it's nearly uselss

If you just want to make up some quick easy labels without having to deal with the rigors of learning the ins and outs of Photoshop or The Gimp, just download Avery Design Pro 5 Limited from the Avery website. While not nearly as powerful as the aformentioned programs, with a bit of creativity, you could still crank out something rather decent. Below is an example of a rough idea I cranked out using Design Pro 5.

untitledX1_edited.jpg

I've used gimp before, i'm an open source junkie....i love it :D.

Another question i should have asked, is, What "standard" sizes for the labels?

like a 16oz bottle, what's the standard size? Is there a FAQ about this somewhere?

Back