label software for windows 8 ?!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2BeerSpeer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Got a new laptop on black Friday and want to get label making software for it...I want something that's user friendly but will let me get pretty technical once I figure it out! The only labels I've ever made were with the templates on beerlabelizer which I don't mind but I want to be able to have more options with color, font, and design. All replies are greatly appreciated!

http://www.getpaint.net/

Paint.Net is a *free* photoshop-like program. Its like Photoshop Lite. It can be used to make labels, but you'll be pretty limited after a while. Photoshop can be intimidating, but Paint.Net is pretty easy to use.

I haven't used Paint.net for anything going to print, but it can't be too difficult to get predictable print results out of it.

gimp.org
inkscape.org

Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop (if you want a $ version instead of the free/Open source options I posted).

All of these have a lot more of a learning curve than simply using the online label generator programs, but nothing that cannot be learned through free online tutorials.

I use labeley.com/beer for all my labels. If you have the patience you can make pretty much anything. Doesnt matter what OS you are on.

Back