Label PET Bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HaGGardSmurf

Reaction score
Has anyone successfully labeled a plastic PET bottle? I tried the milk thing, it didnt work for more than an hour.

I tried glue sticks (UHU brand) and they seemed to work great but a week later every label fell off.

I read not to even try the gelatin method as it wont work for plastic.

I see all these professional vinyl labels, but so far for me I brew different flavor's and things so my label would constantly be changing. Also even if I brew the same recipe sometimes its nice to change the label completely.

Anybody had any success with inkjet printing and PET labeling?

Only by using superglue.

Getting it back off was another story. Not pretty.

Oh, and I stay away from inkjet printers for labels. The colour tends to run when they get wet. I get Kinko's to make copies on their laser-printers.

I didnt have a problem with the ink running just cant seem to find a glue that sticks to plastic but comes off easy by soaking in water or whatever.

I was thinking super glue on a couple tiny spots like say the corner or something but I figure they would never come off lol

I've tried avery shipping labels now and they stick well, hard to get off after, but a quick spray of "goo gone" takes the glue and crap right off, makes it real quick and easy

I just the glue stick as you described, as it works fine for me on my 1 Liter PET bottles. The milk works on glass fine for me, but didn't work on PET either.

What brand of glue stick do you use? I used the UHU brand, the yellow package but they came off. I labeled everything then put them in a box and didnt touch them for a week, but when I did they fell off on their own. Some had partially come off bottles that hadn't even been touched yet.

I use Avery Removable Dry Erase Labels. I stuck it on a clean surface over a year ago. I clean them quite a bit. They are not even showing any aging or peeling. Work great for me.

What brand of glue stick do you use? I used the UHU brand, the yellow package but they came off. I labeled everything then put them in a box and didnt touch them for a week, but when I did they fell off on their own. Some had partially come off bottles that hadn't even been touched yet.

Not sure on brand, I'm at work atm. However it was just whatever they had on the back to school sales.

I use Avery Removable Dry Erase Labels. I stuck it on a clean surface over a year ago. I clean them quite a bit. They are not even showing any aging or peeling. Work great for me.

I think thats what I'm going to use also. Probably not the dry erase ones, but they have printable reusable labels.

Has anyone successfully labeled a plastic PET bottle? I tried the milk thing, it didnt work for more than an hour.

I tried glue sticks (UHU brand) and they seemed to work great but a week later every label fell off.

I read not to even try the gelatin method as it wont work for plastic.

I see all these professional vinyl labels, but so far for me I brew different flavor's and things so my label would constantly be changing. Also even if I brew the same recipe sometimes its nice to change the label completely.

Anybody had any success with inkjet printing and PET labeling?

I use BeerClings on PED bottles and they stick great.

Back