Label help / input

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinjmay

Reaction score
I tried this route at first but was only met with frustration. Their label paper never lines up right, gets messed up by condensation and uses sticky glue that's nasty to remove. I ended up just using their template and not their label sheets. Here's the best that I've been able to come up with...

1) Use their ( or other) template to layout the labels on an 8.5"x11" sized sheet.
2) Print a single sheet with my inkjet printer using photo glossy paper from Costco at high quality.
3) Take this single, photo quality inkjet print to Kinkos (or equivalent) and copy as many sheets as I need using their color laser copier.
4) Take the laser copied sheets to the Kinkos paper cutter and slice them. The neck rings I set aside and cut them with scissors at home.
5) To apply the labels, take a bottle cap and fill it with milk. Dip your finger in the milk and wipe it onto the back of the label, getting it pretty wet. Apply it to the bottle; the surface tension will stick it in place.
6) Done.

The color copier paper is semi-glossy; very similar to actual label paper. Plus it doesn't smear when damp. I've tried inkjet label paper, acrylic spray over inkjet, decals, etc. This method is by far the best in my opinion. The bottles look very professional.

Also, excellent label, by the way. Good luck.

Hey I was looking for some good label sheets to put on our bottles when I came across these rectangle/neck labels from onlinelabels.com. (Beer Bottle Labels - Bottle Labels - OL3078 - 3.4956" x 2.9944" - 8 Labels Per Sheet)

Anyone used them before? I'm currently having a printing problems, can't get them to line up on the removeable part, even when using their "template".

Heres the label I'm trying to print:
Sunset Cream Ale Label by ~DeFined04 on deviantART

Back