• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Illinois Lab circulator/heater for sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

russki

Reaction score
IMG_20150105_121100_zps47f5ff40.jpg

I have a Neslab RTE-4 lab circulator for sale. This unit does not chill (compressor relay just clicks repeatedly), but the heater and circulator pump are working fine. It has a 1 gallon temperature controlled (up to 100C/212F) reservoir with a pump that circulates the heated liquid (water or glycol mix) through a loop - I tested it with a 3/8" copper coil pictured (not included).

Possible uses would include keeping fermenters warm in the winter; keeping stable mash temps by immersing a coil in the mash tun... a sous vide cooker... possibilities are endless. Actually, the heater and circulator pump are contained in the smaller top section (minus the temp sensor, which is inside the unit, but can be removed). You could probably use a small cooler as your reservoir and discard the chiller and case bits altogether (that's what I would do if I were keeping this). Or if someone knows how to fix the refrigeration unit, this could be a great all-in-one temp control solution for a conical.

It's about 18x18x18 inches, and weighs about 50 pounds as it sits. I'm asking $75. I'm located in Chicago's NW suburbs, and prefer local pick-up but will consider shipping it at the buyers expense.

Back