Kveik yeast fermentation in brew kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Briancl83

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I just picked up a digiboil and started my first electric brew on it. Absolutely loved it. I am currently in NY going into the winter season and was thinking of using kveik yeast on a hazy. Has anybody heard of someone fermenting on their electric kettle to hold 90f constantly during fermentation? The digiboil comes with clamps to keep the kettle sealed plus a hole on the lid for an airlock. Maybe I missed a thread here on HBT. I usually use a temp control fridge for fermentation but first time using kveik yeast. Any info would be helpful. Thank you!

Yes, a brew club member has brewed 5 or 6 kviek beers this way with great results. He transfers to a no chill cube then the next day adds to the robo, sets the temp and pitches at 30+c

Yes, a brew club member has brewed 5 or 6 kviek beers this way with great results. He transfers to a no chill cube then the next day adds to the robo, sets the temp and pitches at 30+c
Wow that’s amazing. I will definitely give it a try. I was worried in case there would be too much head space in the kettle. My kettle can hold 9 gallons, plus I have a hop basket so I won’t have a ton of hop residue inside the kettle.

When you say transfer to a no chill cube, what do you mean? He just lets it chill on its own down to 30c?

He lets it chill overnight in a sealed no chill cube. Doesn’t matter what temp it is the next day as it will be ambient temp which is definitely lower than 35c

He lets it chill overnight in a sealed no chill cube. Doesn’t matter what temp it is the next day as it will be ambient temp which is definitely lower than 35c
so one last question... does he let it cool then sets his electric brew to stay at 30c for a few days? I’m really excited to try this.
Thanks again

Back