Kudos to Sam Adams

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunhaus

Reaction score
As some of you know a few days back we lost everything to a fire. It has been a trying time. But Sam Adams unwittingly provided a little ray of sunshine. When the O-Fests first hit the shelves this year I bought a sixer. Not my favorite, but the Wife and my oldest son love it. SO . . . Anyway, I opened my bottle and poured into a clean glass and was greeted with about 2 dozen dead fruit flies! Not cool. I sent a letter, explaining. I made no demands, no big complaints or belly aching - just a polite letter explaining. All 5 of the other bottles were fine. I expected to never hear anything.

Imagine my surprise today when a hand written letter of apology and a check arrived! What a pleasant thing! There are still companies that give a damn. Nice customer service and I will remember

That is pretty cool. It's always nice when people stand behind their products.

My heart goes out you and to all those who have been affected by the wildfires. I lived in Chico and Paradise for a summer back in 2006 and I was devastated when all that went up in flames. Can't imagine...

That is awesome! Nice job, Sam Adams! Does make one wonder - how the hell did all those fruit flies get into the bottle? Did they get in the bottle before bottling? Were they in the tank they bottled from? Hmmm.... 🤔

Sorry to hear about your loss @gunhaus . Our thoughts and prayers are with you!

That is pretty cool. It's always nice when people stand behind their products.

My heart goes out you and to all those who have been affected by the wildfires. I lived in Chico and Paradise for a summer back in 2006 and I was devastated when all that went up in flames. Can't imagine...
My wife's grandparents owned a home in Paradise for many years and she was living there when we met.

Back