Kombucha 2nd fermentation over 3-4weeks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

life_way_truth778

Reaction score
Hi. I have a second fermentation kombucha thats been fermenting for about 4-weeks. I drink off of it a few times a week at the room temp. I haven’t stopped the fermentation yet and it is just how I like it. My question is can I continue to leave at room temp and continue to drink as it continues to ferment? Taste is tangy/acidic and fizzywith a little bit of sweetness. Perfect in my opinion.Wondering how much alcohol contain it would have as well"

My question is can I continue to leave at room temp and continue to drink as it continues to ferment?
Yes, but putting it in the refrigerator would greatly inhibit further microbial activity. Otherwise it may continue to change over time.
Wondering how much alcohol contain it would have as well"
Good question, and one that's not easily answered.
The recipe determines the maximum alcohol potential, but measuring the alcohol at home is a rather complex process.

Welcome to HBT!

Yes, but putting it in the refrigerator would greatly inhibit further microbial activity. Otherwise it may continue to change over time.

Good question, and one that's not easily answered.
The recipe determines the maximum alcohol potential, but measuring the alcohol at home is a rather complex process.

Welcome to HBT!
Thank you for your reply. I appreciate it.

Back