Kolsch: I have the ingredients but lost the directions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kershner_Ale

Reaction score
I found a kolsch recipe on here that I thought I'd try. I copied down the ingredients I needed several weeks ago, but now can't find the recipe again to get the directions. Here's what I have:

6 lb extra light DME
1 lb German Wheat Malt
1 lb Flaked Wheat
0.5 lb Gambrinus
1 oz. Hallertauer hops
White Labs #WLP029 yeast (German Ale / Kolsch)

The past few brews, I've been steeping the specialty malts for 30 minutes in 155 degree water before adding the DME and boiling hops for a 60-minute boil. Any problems with following that same general procedure with these ingredients? Or better yet, if this looks like a recipe you've posted on here I'd sure appreciate being pointed to those directions again. Thanks!

Jeff

The past few brews, I've been steeping the specialty malts for 30 minutes in 155 degree water before adding the DME and boiling hops for a 60-minute boil.

No change in procedure needed and yes to boiling hops for 60 minutes.

Ferment at 62° with the WLP029.

For further info on fermentation characteristics of kolsh yeast look at the recipes in the recipe section.

I would think Steeped as it is only 1lb per your ingredient list. Sounds a lot like the Brewers Best recipe I did a while back. Check out their website and it will have the instructions listed as a PDF file I believe.

Good Luck

Salute! :mug:

Back