klosch recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think if you try the White Labs yeast you will be more than happy with it. I have won several first and second place ribbons using that yeast.

I've used both White Labs and Wyeast and both made fantastic beers. I think the Wyeast came out a bit cleaner, but it's hard to say since these were two separate batches with a couple months between them. I brewed up Edwort's Kolsch both times, and my wife is still bugging me to brew some more of it up :D.

Here's the recipe: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f62/bee-cave-brewery-koelsch-33548/

I don't mean to thread-jack but does anyone make a dry kolsch yeast?

Safale K-97 is probably as close as you'll get. It's a German Ale yeast, which pretty much means it's an Alt or a Koelsch yeast. I haven't tried it - considering that the yeast is probably the most important ingredient in a Koelsch, I'll stick with the Wyeast smack pack, which hasn't let me down yet.

Back