Kiwi question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarstoolProphet

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience in using kiwi in their beers? Ive been brewing for about a year now and I've had success with apricot, raspberry and blackberry wheat beers.
My question is really, how much kiwi should I add for a 10 gallon batch?
I was thinking on using 5lbs but I'd rather go based on someone's experience.

Thanks!

Anyone have any experience in using kiwi in their beers? Ive been brewing for about a year now and I've had success with apricot, raspberry and blackberry wheat beers.
My question is really, how much kiwi should I add for a 10 gallon batch?
I was thinking on using 5lbs but I'd rather go based on someone's experience.

Thanks!

You may want to add more. - 0.5lb per gallon may be on the very low side.

Randy Mosher in Radical Brewing mentions "Kiwi Pils" but doesn't provide a detailed recipe.

Other people mentioned using 1.5-2 lb of kiwi fruit per gallon, which is in line with typical amounts of fruit you need to add to get decent amount of flavor. Also keep in mind that kiwi can impart a tart flavor once sugars are fermented.

I made a kiwi wit beer. I used 4# in the 5g batch. My notes said that the kiwi flavor was very noticeable when the beer was finished. I just peeled them and dropped into fermentor. They floated during fermentation, then sank during cold crashing in my fridge.

255-49112.jpg

kiwi_wit_5-41144.jpg

337-49113.jpg

Back