King Goblin clone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigox420

Reaction score
Has anyone ever made a king goblin clone? I love this beer but very limited for me would like to try and make my own.

:rockin: :mug: :rockin:

hmm, any progress here ??? it seems to be based on the Hob Goblin with more malts (particularly the toffee flavored ones) and different hoping schedule...

I tried this beer last week and decided I have to try to clone it, that stuff is excellent. I was finding a lot of conflicting information about the yeast strain used at Wychwood, so I emailed the brewery. Got a response this morning, turns out the Wychwood strain is a Whitbread derivative. Just figured I should share, as all the info I had found previously indicated Burton or Ringwood.

I have tried 3 brews so far to clone this I have gotten close but missed on the color a little taste is very close. I found the Danstar Nottinham works well . I am limited to yeast strains I can get without going to or ordering from the states.

This is what I went off of for my 3rd attempt.

ABV: 6.6%
IBU: ≈40
Colour: 23°SRM/45°EBC, dark brown
Grainbill: 90% Pale, 7.5% Crystal Malt, 2% Chocolate Malt, .5% CaraPils/Dextrose Malt
Bittering hops: Fuggles, Sovereign (60 min)
Aroma hops: Cascade, Stryian Goldings (15 min)
Yeast: unknown English ale strain, but since it's a part of the Marston's family, it's possible they reuse the Marston or Ringwood strains.

Latest posts

Back