Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noggins

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea how to make anything similar to this? It's got a grapefruit taste to it, that's about all I know..

Any kind of sauvignon blanc recipe with a grapefruit taste would suffice..

Well, you'd just buy sauvignon blanc grapes from the region you want, and then adjust the acids and pH and ferment. I don't mean that to sound sarcastic at all- but the only way to make sauvignon blanc is to buy the grapes or the pressed juice.

I bought a pail of sauvignon blanc juice from Midwest a couple of years ago- 2008 Windsor Oaks Sauvignon Blanc was the name on the pail. The brix was 23.9, and it was already adjusted for pH and TA (total acidity). I don't think it tastes like any particular brand of wine, as wine is more than the particular juice of course. But it was quite good, and we had a bottle of it last night. I used K1-V1116 yeast on it.

I did not put it through MLF but I did cold stabilize it so that the excess tartaric acid dropped out as wine crystals. It made it less tart, but still crisp, so I was very happy with it.

There may be some good savignon blanc kits out there, but I've never tried any of them so I have no experience with a kit of that type.

I'd like to make something similar to the Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc as well. I really love that grapefruit taste.

If you find any (kit or juice) that purports to deliver a similar taste, please share here!

Back