Killer deal on Ventmatic faucets...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, nice find. I hope this guy's still peddling those in a couple of months...

the_Roqk said:
Nice deal! You can save $3.49 compared to AustinHomebrew. I'm in need of getting two myself.

Not enough of a savings for me to buy from an eBay reseller campared to a brick and mortar store with customer service.. I'd spend the extra couple bucks and support Austin Home Brew cause if I had a problem I can pick up the phone and get it handled right now.

EdWort said:
Not enough of a savings for me to buy from an eBay reseller campared to a brick and mortar store with customer service.. I'd spend the extra couple bucks and support Austin Home Brew cause if I had a problem I can pick up the phone and get it handled right now.

The guy on ebay posts on the green board and is very nice. I'd still support him. He'd back it up if there was a problem.

Nothing against AHB because I consider that my HBS. Great service. Not to mention Forrest would prolly beat the price too.

That price is a steal. I was thinking of getting two more faucets for a jockey box or something that is portable. At that price, I wouldn't mind getting the high end faucet and match the ones on my kegerator.

And I was just about to post on here about how I finally gave in and bought Ventmatics.

Then I was going to post about the great deal I got on them from a seller on ebay.

Then I got beat to the punch.

Oh well, it's still a good deal, and I've still got new faucets in the mail :)

EdWort said:
Not enough of a savings for me to buy from an eBay reseller campared to a brick and mortar store with customer service.. I'd spend the extra couple bucks and support Austin Home Brew

Cmon guys, peel off a few extra bucks and support your LHBS!!! Beer making is the epitome of disposable income. And the LHBS's certainly aren't getting rich and opening on every corner...

For the record, I own a profitable pure play (internet only, no B&M) pet products business and I buy 98% of my hobby stuff (beer and rockets) locally. Why? I want the local B&M hobby stores to stay in business so I can go there and browse, socialize, learn, etc.

When you spend money with a business like mine, you divert your cash from mega-stores like WalMart and Petsmart. [ I'm ok with that. :D ] But your local hobby supplier (high overhead) just can't complete with the a pure play. And when the cash isn't there anymore, they go away.

Just ordered two ventmatics today. Gonna get that keggerator up and running soon. Now I need a good double tower (relatively cheap) to go with those faucets.

pldoolittle said:
Cmon guys, peel off a few extra bucks and support your LHBS!!! Beer making is the epitome of disposable income. And the LHBS's certainly aren't getting rich and opening on every corner...

For the record, I own a profitable pure play (internet only, no B&M) pet products business and I buy 98% of my hobby stuff (beer and rockets) locally. Why? I want the local B&M hobby stores to stay in business so I can go there and browse, socialize, learn, etc.

When you spend money with a business like mine, you divert your cash from mega-stores like WalMart and Petsmart. [ I'm ok with that. :D ] But your local hobby supplier (high overhead) just can't complete with the a pure play. And when the cash isn't there anymore, they go away.

I feel a rant coming on...

...let's just say I don't necessarily agree with this.

I might agree if I had a LHBS. I live in Southern Utah so I can go 300 miles to Salt Lake for a decent store or 140 miles to Vegas for an almost worthless store. AHS is hardly a LHBS with the "L" meaning local. So buy away on ebay and online for me.

My LHBS is over-priced, poorly stocked, with poor customer service from a owner who feels he is doing you a favor by letting you in. I can't get what I want in anything like the quantities I need. I bought an item there a couple weeks ago and payed 8 times the price I can get it for delivered to my door. I shop locally all the time, I avoid the ma and pa killing megas, but I am not going to waste my money and sacrifice my beer quality in order to support some LHBS just because it is local. Mail order shops are privately owned too. They aren't all Wally-Brew.

There Dude, my soft rant.

I shop local when they can do some sort of value add. In most cases, for a LHBS, a value add is knowledge (and many times they fall short of the mark on that) or an easy return policy.

Otherwise, price prevails.

In this case, unless you needed help with the installation of the faucet or if you felt the faucet had an unusual failure rate, I'd order online.

Brewpastor said:
My LHBS is over-priced, poorly stocked, with poor customer service from a owner who feels he is doing you a favor by letting you in. I can't get what I want in anything like the quantities I need. I bought an item there a couple weeks ago and payed 8 times the price I can get it for delivered to my door. I shop locally all the time, I avoid the ma and pa killing megas, but I am not going to waste my money and sacrifice my beer quality in order to support some LHBS just because it is local. Mail order shops are privately owned too. They aren't all Wally-Brew.

Can he get an Amen?

Well my LHBS rarely actually has anything. Lately they have been pretty much out of everything. They also don't sell beer 'hardware'. They have a limited selection of kegging supplies, they have nothing like chillers, brew kettles, and all the various things one could really use, especially if one was just getting started into this silly hobby. They aren't convenient to anywhere either. I only buy things there if I'm desperate (and if on the rare chance they have something I need).

I have half wondered what it would take to start my own LBHS that really cared about doing business.

Brewpastor said:

Sorry to hear that guys. My LHBS is great. He's an active brewer and sometimes even has a wort boiling in the back. I pay more, but not 8x like someone mentioned. beer component are competitive and I see about a 25% premium on hardware. All in all, I'm happy to average 10% add'l to keep him open 10 miles from my house.

Dude said:
You can save a whole lot more than $3.49.

Yeah Dude, I realized that once I saw the site and ordered my two. I think it was around $20 vs buying them individually at AH. Either way I did get a great deal. Thanks for the thread info.

I ordered mine on Monday morning, and they showed up on Wednesday.

Fast shipping, great price, and quick response to questions. Sounds like the perfect type of business to support to me.

If you've ever seen the posts about my LHBS, you know why I don't go there. In short, I gave them about 9 innings worth of effort...and they managed a no-hitter. I think I'm buying some new taps from the eBay guy.

They were "sold out" at the cheap price on eBay yesterday (they were in between listings I guess, because I see they are back up there this morning). I was putting in an order at KegWorks last night for new lines, gaskets, etc. so I just added a Perlick at the regular price. With the combined shipping it probably only cost me a few bucks over the eBay price, and at the time I wasn't even sure if the "$36 shipped" deal was going to come back. No worries... I got a good deal on the rest of the setup so I'm still way under budget. :D

I ordered 2 and they arrived today. Now I'm a little perplexed about how to mount them. The kegerator is done and stocked with beer and it just needs a tower. Eventually I will make a fancy wood coffin box something like this, but for now I'd like to make a PVC tower like Jester's.

My question is, how do you mount the Ventmatic faucets to a relativley thin material like PVC and connect the liquid at the same time? The smallest shank I see is 2" which would be way too long. I'm assume that I need the same solution that is used to put together any standard tower, but since I don't have a pre-made tower to look at, I'm not sure what that solution is.

kilroy said:
Just a note - Austin HomeBrew :
I checked their site, ventmatic was 39.99 - saying they had the lowest price in the America. I emailed them with the link to BrewGuy's site.

I had a reply in my email from AHB when I got back from my Lunch Break.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Ventmatic-Stainless-Forward-Sealing-Faucet_W0QQitemZ170136241998QQihZ007QQcategoryZ38172QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

5.99 shipping - no extra shipping for additional units.

Thank you AHB :)

Did they give you a code for it? Or do you have to place the order over the phone?

Looks to me like they just decided to lower their price to one and all (click the link above and do the Buy It Now). I don't see any restrictions on the offer. :mug:

Back