Killed Another!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duckfoot

Reaction score
F**king hydrometer.....

This is #5..

I am about to give up at this point...

I also forgot my post boil gravity sample...

This kids, is why you DON'T drink while brewing...

Now you know... And knowing is half the battle....

gijoe.jpg

:mug:

It sounds like your as accident prone as I am. :D I might have to recommend a refractometer or a custom made Kevlar hydro.

I think I have killed 4...

I am about done with these damned things....

A refractometer would be good for OG.... Then I will still need one for FG readings...

I think hydrometers should be considered a disposable part of your equipment, like racking canes and hoses.

I've been through three of 'em.

Incidentally, I didn't take a post-boil reading today either (and I can't even play the druck card - I was sober), but given that my preboil numbers were nuts-o, and my volume change was just what it was supposed to be, I'm going to assume my postboil OG and call it good.

I'm with homercidal (well, not 20 years ago...I was still in elementary school 20 years ago)...maybe you guys shouldn't be using your hydrometers to stir your wort or swordfight pirates or whatever the hell it is you're doing with them. Or just get a refractometer and forget about it.

Oh, and as for the "don't drink while brewing" thing: you, sir, can just shut the hell up! Brewing sober is blasphemy.

I'm with homercidal (well, not 20 years ago...I was still in elementary school 10 years ago)...maybe you guys shouldn't be using your hydrometers to stir your wort or swordfight pirates or whatever the hell it is you're doing with them. Or just get a refractometer and forget about it.

Oh, and as for the "don't drink while brewing" thing: you, sir, can just shut the hell up! Brewing sober is blasphemy.

:mug:

How old are you, and how old were you when you started brewing??

Still have multi hued hydro from original Coopers kit from almost 2 years ago. I know, no where near Homercidals 20yrs, but still...

Did break the testing vessel, but only a crack around the very top, so it's still servicable.

Get a refractometer and never have to worry about that long glass tube again. I know Promash will do the conversion for you, I think Beersmith does as well. There is also an Excel spreadsheet that does the conversion for SG after fermentation begins. I'm at work and don't have the link here, but a search could provide one.

Now, about those hookers............

If you really want an unbreakable hydrometer, look up "nalgene hydrometers". Oh but they are pricey. Oh yes.

Back