Kickstarter Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks pretty cool - definitely something I would get good use out of, I hate taking a bunch of bottles with me when I travel to see family or friends (and then the whole process of asking them to save the bottles and me having to haul them back home and clean them).

Just pledged. Looks like exactly what I was looking for...I brew small batches and this will be great for bringing my brews to others, also just dispensing at home!

Lifetime warranty on the vessel, can't go wrong. For a similar setup with a regular keg/regulator was about the same price.

Now to find a way to adapt my sodastream tank to this regulator, to be refillable.

I have an original Drink Tank, and love it.

Me too and it's 32 ounces and has a handle.
anchor-hocking-01814-14-oz-beer-mug-24-case.jpg

Wow, after 20 days he's already raised $187k! His target was $75k! Must be a lot of friends and family money.

Growlerworks said it is capable of force carbing I ordered the 128oz from kickstater can't wait to get it

The drink tanks one will carb up to 40 psi, auto vents at 60. Has a purge valve. Takes co2 cartridges up to 74 gram, and the can be replaced without losing pressure, an don't need to be sanitized as they don't go inside the growler. And has been confirmed that you can force carb in it.

I will admit I like the steampunk look of that ukeg, but I worry about cleaning that sight glass.

Ukeg ships in August. The juggernaut with kegulator ships in September.

This reminds me of the Tap A Draft system. I still have two of those and 12 of the Tap a Draft 6L bottles stored somewhere. The double-wall stainless steel construction of this is definitely cool. But I already have 4 2.5gal kegs for parties.

I think breweries can definitely sell these as an alternative to standard growlers and they have a much longer shelf life.

so if you want to force carb, you need to use those mini disposable c02 canisters?

does it make more sense to do the $70 and the $40 back, instead of the $119 package?

I think it might make sense to do it that way, I managed to snag the last 109$ package so I didn't have to figure out that math anymore

Another delay pushes the 128oz delivery date into October. Frankly if I get mine in calendar year 2015 I'll be relieved.

A production delay. The Chinese manufacturer apparently could not correctly fabricate the stainless body of the 128 oz growler.

I'm curious to know where you're getting your information.

Back on June 1st

The Juggernaut and Kegulator are both on their way to perfection. The Juggernaut itself is close to complete and we already have several bodies powder coated and built to show off here at the shop with some temporary handles. The buzz around here has been amazing and encouraging. We cannot do it without the support and appreciate having such great folks on board! We are working out all the kinks on final production handles.

PRODUCTION UPDATES

The Juggernaut: We are almost ready to ship the first round. We are waiting on the final production handles but we have all other parts. Look at the photos! My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Estimated Ship Date- July 2015 https://www.kickstarter.com/project...he-worlds-largest-growler-and-p/posts/1250294

did they find out later that there were defects in the juggernaut bodies?

the Kegulator cap is still scheduled to be ready to ship in september, according to the original production/kickstarter schedule. unless you know something that I haven't seen in the posts. it looks like there's conflicting information, and I've love to know your source.

I just read through the kickstarter updatesand couldn't find any reference to what you're seeing. Still keeping my fingers crossed for a september ship date.

Well that sucks.. it's to be expected with new products though.. long as we end up getting it I'm good with a little delay.

Ah you're talking ukeg, the drinktank juggernaut kegulator is still on schedule then

Both of these look awesome. I like how the Ukeg has the tap attached. Perfect for keeping/dispensing carbed beer upstairs. Love the steampunk look to it, but I wonder how hard it would be to clean with the tap and sight gauge. Can the tap be replaced with a standard tap like the Perlicks?

Can anyone tell me if the Drinktanks can have a corny post added to the lid? I think it would make it that much more versatile if it can. Love the colors that are available.

Back