Kent plastic quick connects from bargainfittings.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cajun_Tiger33

Reaction score
Im looking into purchasing some quick disconnects for my brewing set up and being short on funds i was looking into these plastic ones on bargainfittings.com. I was wondering if anyone uses them and can give me a little feedback whether you like them or not.

TIA

We just stocked these a couple months ago but sales have picked up on them.
One of the users on here reviewed them on our site:
http://www.bargainfittings.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=51_66&product_id=208

I would like some honest reviews of the carbonation caps so the first 10 people to use the following code get the carbonation cap combo free (just pay shipping)

CODE is KCarbCombo

Good for the first 10 people to use. Please post back here with your honest opinion on it.

I picked one up. I just set up a leaky home made carbonator cap with tire valves. I'm looking forward to seeing if this holds pressure better. I saw this option before but was worried about the plastic durability.
I'll let you know how the test turns out. Thanks!

I picked one up. I just set up a leaky home made carbonator cap with tire valves. I'm looking forward to seeing if this holds pressure better. I saw this option before but was worried about the plastic durability.
I'll let you know how the test turns out. Thanks!

I've been using the setup on my rig and that is the main reason I decided to sell the Kent product.

It comes with an o-ring to form the seal and works great with the 1 and 2 liter coke / pepsi branded bottles I tested it with. I typically use sparkling water bottles as they don't have any residual flavors to wash out.

ordered! I have the Carbonator but it's leaky. Was thinking of putting a bigger o-ring on it or something.

I use them on my 1/2 barrel brew system with silicone hose connected to them.

Overall I'm quite pleased with them. They are easy to use and connect, just make sure you use some teflon tape on the threaded connections. I've not had any leaks from them at all and I've put 10+ batches thru them.

I'd highly recommend them if you're looking for quick disconnects, and I've had great dealings with bargainfittings!

I shall soon see how it performs. It hopefully will be a convenient way to transport smaller quantities that are intended to be completely consumed and not have to track the expensive glass bombers down at the end of the evening....

Thanks! I was curious about them so I just used the code and only paid for shipping. Looking forward to checking it out. I'll report back here and on bargainfittings.com.

Cheers

I picked up a dozen each of male and female connectors and converted everything for my setup over to them. I haven't had a leak yet and love them!

Finally got my review posted. Held pressure and cleans up well. Overall the carbonation wasn't great but that's not the cap's fault.

I just need to give it more time and pressure.
:)

Thanks again for the opportunity.

Haven't had a chance to try carbing with mine yet, but I will probably next week or so. I need to do a long cold-crash on this Bananas Foster (currently on 3.5lbs. of bananas and vanilla bean) before I want to keg it. When I do, I'll try to carb a liter of it with this cap.

I got these caps and have used them on both pepsi and coke 2 liter bottles and cant get them to seal at all. The valve is fine and shuts off fine but i cant tighten the top down enough. It leaks i have tried 50 psi down to 10 psi and always leaks around the seal. I even tried to wrap teflon around the neck of the pepsi bottles. Any help would be appreciated if there is a trick i am missing.

This is the inside of mine I didn't see an o ring

image-2326505713.jpg

We are shipping them with a red silicone o-ring so if you ordered from us and it is missing send an email and we will get you fixed up.

I got them from morebeer but i called them twice and the said their was no o-ring so i sent it back and just placed and order from you for 5 of them. I just bought a lot of grain from them and thought i would give it a try. Thanks for the advice every one..

lizardeye said:
I got a couple and they wouldn't seal, either. Insert swing top bottle gasket, no more problem!

Thanks just tried that and it worked like a charm. I had a couple of grolsch bottles laying around. I still order some from bargainfittings.com I was really surprised at morebeer response I can see once but I talked to the same guy twice and all he offered was that there was no o-ring and his worked fine without it. Ohh well thanks for these forums they have saved my a** a few times

Whats the ID" on the QDs? I'm debating whether to use these as they're cheaper than the camlocks, but worried about flow. I had the camlocks on a previous setup and they worked great, hoping these have the same full 1/2" ID as the camlocks?

The kent male plugs has just a slightly smaller ID than the C style camlock.

The male plug end an inner diameter - 0.32 inch
The half inch male barb has an id of 0.4 inch.

In comparision the camlock C styles barbs are about 0.31 to 0.33 inner diameter depending on an individual casting.

I haven't had an issue with flow with my two pumps, including one sized from 3/4" down to 1/2" before the QD.

I would like some honest reviews of the carbonation caps so the first 10 people to use the following code get the carbonation cap combo free.
Dug up this old thread to ease some guilt and possibly give BF a bump.

I was one of the ten who got these to try. I already had a couple of Carbonator Caps and wanted to see if these were a cheaper alternative. Well, lazy me never got around to trying it.

Yesterday I was kegging and discovered I had too much beer to fit in the keg. No big deal. Fill a PET bottle with the extra as usual. Trouble was that my Carbonator Caps were already in use.

Put together a quick adaptor with the Kent and presto! Carbonated beer to sample while the keg is in set-and-forget mode. Worked great. No leaks.

Just ordered five more of the caps. Thanks Bargain Fittings!

kent.jpg

Back