Kenmore 4.6 for kegerator conversion?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have a model name/number? Does it have a freezer compartment? I'm sure it'll work out regardless

its a Kenmore model number 183.94679 and it does have a freezer compartment but I think it should bend down easily

I just bought that one. I took off the storage compartment on the door and carved out some of the foam. It should fit 2 in there with little modding but it is a squeeze. I will need to take some anxiety meds when it comes time to drill a hole for the tower.

I will need to take some anxiety meds when it comes time to drill a hole for the tower.

Same here. I'm going to be buying a Whirlpool mini fridge today for 2 kegs and am nervous about the same thing.
This video might help though...he seems to have a neat idea on how to locate the compression tubing using a solution of rubbing alcohol and corn starch.

Good luck

Nick

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw that. Not able to remove top but I had the chane to see in in tore model and there was frost build up clearly defining where the coils are. I have a good idea where and gently carving out the foam will give me what info I need.

Back