Kegs not carbing....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twistr25

Reaction score
So I recently moved and got my keezer going again here. I had a little left in a keg from before the move and just kegged a second beer. The first keg is almost kicked, so I'm not too concerned with that one. The beer I just kegged however sat on CO2 at 20-25 psi over the weekend, 3 days, and then at 15 for another 3 and it seems like I am getting nothing into it. This hasn't happened with any previous beers. There's not a ton of CO2 left, but I would have to guess over 500 lbs left at least. It pours out just fine, but it's completely flat, like no semblance of carbonation at all. No indications of any leaks or any other obvious issues that I can think of. Any ideas? Supposed to be serving this at a party this weekend... :-/

What kind of head space do you have in your keg? If you have next to no space, it won't matter how high the pressure is. Either leave sufficient space in the keg to get a higher quantity of CO2 in there or agitate the keg while applying the pressure. Rolling the keg on it's side will increase the amount of surface area in contact with the CO2 pocket allowing more CO2 into the beer.

There's not a lot, but I dont believe its any different than what ive had before. I did try agitating a bit to see what happens. Guess I'll keep trying that

Back