Keggle washing solutions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockopedia

Reaction score
I wanted to reach out to ask if anyone happens to have a recommendation on a particular utility or mop sink brand/model for washing 15.5 gallon keggles. I've been washing mine outdoors during the warmer months but as we are headed towards winter, I need an indoor solution. I've used a bathtub in the past, but its up two flights of stairs from where I brew, and the wife doesn't like how it scratches up the tub. (Even though bar keepers friend removes the marks)

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

I turn mine almost upside down and use the sink sprayer on it to get the initial trub free. Then I soak it in oxyclean for a day. When I come back and empty it, I knock anything I see loose with a brush, then turn it over and hit it with the sink sprayer again. Works for me. I'd like to have some hooks coming down from the ceiling though to hold the keg so I don't have to.

I wanted to reach out to ask if anyone happens to have a recommendation on a particular utility or mop sink brand/model for washing 15.5 gallon keggles. I've been washing mine outdoors during the warmer months but as we are headed towards winter, I need an indoor solution. I've used a bathtub in the past, but its up two flights of stairs from where I brew, and the wife doesn't like how it scratches up the tub. (Even though bar keepers friend removes the marks)

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Here is a possible solution you can try:

Keg / Carboy Washer (yes another) . . .

As far as the scratches in the tub, as long as they have been on the bottom, I have used a non-slip tub/shower mat to protect your tub surface.

Back